You Come To The Right Sign Company for Custom signs!
We manufacture all types of custom signs. We have been in the sign business for over 10 years. We are the specialist in signs in the Los Angeles area. Our team of experts can help you pick out the type of signage that would fit your type of business. For example, our experts can show you the right material for your specific logo to match the wall where your sign is going to be installed at.
Process for choosing custom signs
Our company can guide through from beginning to end and give advice on the materials, colors, and the specific custom and outdoor signs that would be appropriate for your business. There is specific sign material for custom signs, outdoor signs and exteriors signs. Our experts can help you take out the guess work of using the right material for your signage needs. Once the right material has been chosen for your specific need, let’s say brush aluminum, flat cut metal was chosen for the signage needs, then we can proceed to take pictures of the wall area and take the measurements. We then can start to work on the rendition of the sign with your logo on the computer. Our graphic designer can scale the artwork on the building with the measurements that were obtained. The designer can proceed to email the artwork to the client for approval. Once the approval has been made by the customer, then we can proceed put the signage for production, which takes anywhere from one week to three weeks depending on the material of sign.
Some Material Options For Custom and Outdoor Signs
- Aluminum – Custom aluminum signs are strong, lightweight and super durable. Aluminum is the thinnest of all metal sign composites.
- Alumalite – is an example of an aluminum composite panel made of a corrugated plastic core sandwiched between 2 aluminum sign boards.
- Dibond – is a metal sign panel made of a solid plastic core sandwiched between 2 aluminum sign boards.
- Coroplast – These are made from a durable corrugated plastic and are therefore extremely lightweight. They are also waterproof, making them preferable to foam core mounting board, and more professional looking than poster board.
- MDO(Medium Density Overlay) Plywood – is a paintable surface made of plywood with a weather-resistant resin overlay bonded to the wood by heat and pressure. The overlay, which has at least 27% resin content, resists water, weather, wear and degradation.
- HDU(High Density Urethane) – also known as sign foam is the most reliable and enduring material on the market for dimensional sign making, environmental graphics, 3-D displays and model making. This proven HDU foam board delivers exceptional versatility and outstanding value. Whether carved, routed, sandblasted or machined, it is ideal wherever a uniform, grain-free, dimensional stable material is desired.
- Acrylic – This is a hard type of plastics that is used for dimensional letters using a router or a laser for precise cutting. It comes in different pigmented colors or can be painted.
- Replacement Faces for Lighted Signs – If you already have a lighted sign cabinet and would like to update it, we offer custom replacement sign faces that insert into your current lighted sign cabinet.
- Channel Letters – A standard channel letter is a three-dimensional graphic sign element. Its channel is fabricated from aluminum. A flat sheet of aluminum is typically cut on a table by a computer-controlled router. This creates the back of the channel and is the basis for the letter shape. The sides of the channel letter, called the returns, are then formed by bending a 3 to 6-inch-wide (150 mm) strip of aluminum sheet around the aluminum back. This return can be glued at the seam or flanged and riveted to the back to create a solid can in the shape of the letter. The letter can is painted and fitted with any lighting components such as neon glass tubes or (LED) modules. A translucent plastic face usually of 3/16″ thick sheet of acrylic is cut to fit the open face of the letter can. A trim cap border is applied to its edges which gives the letter face a finished appearance and creates a fastening surface to attach it to the letter can. When illuminated at night, channel letters draw the eye of passers-by.
A common material used for Custom Signs and Exterior Signs
Custom signs, outdoor signs, and exterior sign using plastic material can be used in many ways. There is various types of plastic material that can be used for sign making. Since plastic is mold-able, it comes in a wide variety of colors, can be bended or cut. Asides from versatility, the uses of plastic for custom signs is due to its durability and its light weight. Signs made with plastic are also some of the cheapest, which make it ideal for those working on a strict budget. Also plastic signs can be used for indoor or outdoor use, depending on the type of plastic being used for fabricating a sign
Acrylic -this is a material that can be used outdoor signs and exterior signs. Being the only plastic material that can be made in various colors or clear making it a popular choice for a lot of people because and it gives the sign a classy, sophisticated look. Acrylic signs are waterproof (as are all plastic signs), can be made with either a matte or gloss finish. Dimensional letters made with acrylic material is very popular with for both indoor and outdoor signage since custom signs and logos can be cut to customer’s specification using a vector file( a file that can be adjusted using geometrical lines and shapes).
Trust Los Angeles Signs & Awnings for all your custom signs, outdoor signs, and exterior sign needs. You can rest assure that you will be in good hands. Our experts can help guide you in your signage needs.